Welcome to Department of English

The Department of English was established in 1923. Fr.A.Lebeau S.J., Principal of the college, was the Head of the Department. Fr.Jerome de Souza S.J. joined the Department as lecturer and also served as Library Director. Great educationists like Fr.A.Bonhoure S.J., Fr.T.N.Siqueria S.J., and Fr.Louis Xavier S.J. served as Heads of the Department. B.A.English Literature was started in 1968. When Mr.Selvanayagam retired, Mr.P.R.Srinivasan was promoted Head of the Department. After the retirement of Mr.P.R. Srinivasan, Mr.A.Cleophas became Head of the Department. Two years later, Mr.S.A.Thiaga Rajan was appointed Head of the Department. A reunion of the former staff and students of the Department was organized in February 1998. Mr.P.Jeganathan was promoted Head of the Department in 2004.

Top
  • Follows us our servcies