Welcome to Department of Zoology

The Department of Zoology was started in 1927 when the subject was taught to the intermediate students. Rev. Fr. Foreau S. J., was the first lecturer and Mr. Krishnasamy Iyengar assisted him B.Sc. and M.Sc. courses were started in 1957 and 1979 respectively. The Department was recognized as a research Department in 1985 and from 1986 M.Phil course is being offered. The are five research units in the Department. The Department was recognized as DST-FIST sponsored in 2004.

Top
  • Follows us our servcies