- To provide the student necessary skills in collection and preserving the folk materials
- To provide the student sufficient theoretical knowledge of understanding and analyzing folk performances and practices
- To develop projects abd activities which will bring out the cultural richness embodied in indegeneous folk forms
- To orient the students to turn towards the culture of people and to learn the forces that shape the socio cultural matrix of human life.
- To initiate the students in practice of communication roote in thr traditions of the people.