- Understanding the growth and development of an individual’s life span ranging from conception to senescence.
- Gaining knowledge on the psychosexual, psychosocial, psychoanalytical, cognitive theories and analytical psychology propounded by various developmental psychologists.
- Grasping over the causes, symptoms, treatment and prevention of various human diseases.
- Getting to know the factors contributing to mental illness, mental retardation and metal disorders and behaviours of such people with such illness and disorders.
- Students develop the ability to empathize with the clients in their problematic situations, analyse problem situations through professional ways.
- Develop the ability to critically analyse problems of individuals and families and identify factors affecting them.