Programme specific outcome
The B.Sc. Zoology programme should be able to:
Classify, Identify and list out common animals (invertebrates, vertebrates)
- Gain knowledge about ecosystem and faunal diversity
- Learn about body plan and construction of prokaryotes and eukaryotes,
- Chemistry, Structure and function of cellular organells, organ sytems,metabolic pathways and physiology of animals
- Explain various physiological changes in our bodies
- Analyze the impact of environment on animals/human health
- Understand concept of genetics, gentic engineering and genetic disordersabnormalities
- Develop /concern for nature and create in terest in environmental conservation programmes
- Identify and manage harmful and beneficial animals
- Understand the importance, application and scope of genetic engineering [cell culture, transgenic animals, antibiotics, engineered microbes, biodiesel, bio-plastics, Biopesticides]
- Learn to aply tools of information technology in Zoological research
- Know and develop skill on self employment avenue in zoological science such as Vermitechnology, Apiculture, Sericulture, Aquarium fish keeping andOrnamental Fish Farming
- Learn about common vectors and vector bornediseases, Personal hygiene, environmental sanitation and public health &hygiene.
The M.Sc. Zoology programme should be able to
- Biochemistry of bio-molecules, metabolism and their functions.
- Ultra structure and functions of various cellular organelles including cancerous cells and cell signalling.
- Parametric and non-parametric statistics and their biological applications.
- Ecosystem, bio-resources and their management. Role of GMOs in biodegradation of xenobiotic compounds, alternative/renewable energy resourses.
- Classical and modern genetics, genetic disorders, genetic counseling, tools and applications of genetic engineering and biotechnology.
- Structure and functions of various organ systems and physiology of animals and man.
- Gain knowledge about the concepts of ecosystem and to understand the impact of environment and their management strategies.
- Understanding the fundamentals of the developmental process of various organisms.
- Origin of life and evolution. Evolutionary processes, major trends of evolution and future of man.
- Understanding principles, working mechanism and applications of microscopic, analytical, radio isotopic, histological, chromatography, electrophoresis, spectroscopic and immunological techniques.
- Application of various tools of information technology biological sciences.
Master of Philosophy
The M.Phil. Zoology programme should be able to
The course of study of the degree shall consist of (a) Part-I comprising three theory papers according to the Syllabus prescribed by the board of studies will help the students to know about recent development in zoology.
- Scholars learns basic concepts of research, principle, structural components of the instrument, working method and applications of instruments, statistical tools, biotechniques and computer applications
- Scholars learns sustainable aquaculture, fish genetics & breeding, nutrition & feed technology, fish immunology & pathology, analytical techniques & measurements
- Learns insect pest and management decision, physical, mechanical, cultural and legislative control, chemical control, biological control agents, and recent advances in pest management.
- Third paper is dissertation oriented paper(s) that enable students to gain skill development in the specific field. It promote original thinking, insemination of knowledge, modulation and innovation of thought, as an exercise, To transport the young minds to the expanding horizon of their chosen area of knowledge and transform them into knowledge generators, learn techniques related to the project, Analyzing data generated from the research, Learn scientific Writing skills